Article 1(Purpose) This regulation governs the composition and operation of the Ethics Committee (hereinafter referred to as the “Committee”) to deliberate on academic activities, research and publication, and other ethics-related matters of members of the Korea Institute of Electrical and Electronic Materials. The purpose is to stipulate matters pertaining to.
- ①The committee is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the matters discussed.
- ②The Committee deliberates on the establishment and revision of the Code and Regulations on the ethics of the Society and its members.
- ③The committee is responsible for continuously striving to promote ethical awareness of the society and its members.
Article 3(Obligation) The Committee deliberates on the following matters.
- ①Establishment and revision of the Code of Ethics
- ②Establishment and revision of bylaws that regulate the definition of research misconduct related to research ethics, deliberation procedures, and sanctions
- ③Research misconduct
- ④Matters of the ethics within the institute, etc.
Article 4(Composition and Term)
- ①The chairperson and members are commissioned by the president with the approval of the board of directors on the recommendation of the president.
- ②The number of members, including the chairperson, should be around seven.
- ③The chairperson is an auditor. (Revised on May 8, 2009)
- ④The chairperson may appoint a secretary for the progress of the committee.
- ⑤The editor-in-chief and academic chairperson become ex-officio members.
- ⑥The term of office for members is one year and may be reappointed. (Revised on May 12, 2017)
- ⑦If there is a vacancy among the members, a successor member is appointed without delay, and the term of office shall be for the remainder of the term.
- ①(Convocation) The committee is convened by the chairperson or at the request of more than 1/3 of the registered members.
- ②(Resolution) The resolution of the committee is made with the consent of a majority of the members in attendance. However, the chairperson may take a separate procedure to confirm the pros and cons of members who were unable to attend the resolution due to unavoidable reasons.
- ③Matters decided by the committee take effect after passing through the resolution of the board of directors.
Article 6(Deliberation) Ethics-related matters must be submitted in writing, and ethics-related matters can only be reviewed in writing. For ethics review, you can seek advice from the relevant department within the society. If the review data are insufficient, supplementary data may be submitted from the relevant person.
Article 7(Guidelines and procedures for deliberation, etc.) Guidelines and procedures necessary for deliberation on ethics-related matters are determined in a separate internal regulation, and other matters are in accordance with the general regulations of the Society and the prevailing principles on science and technology ethics. (Revised on May 8, 2009)
- 1. This regulation takes effect from March 14, 2008 (Establishment).
- 2. This revision(s) of the provisions stipulated for this process shall be effective from May 9, 2008.
- 3. This revision(s) of the provisions stipulated for this process shall be effective from May 8, 2009.
- 4. This revision(s) of the provisions stipulated for this process shall be effective from May 12, 2017.